Tuesday, April 22, 2014

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACK NICHOLSON!!!!!!

            My ultimate hero Jack Nicholson is 77 years old today. It is kind of eerie that something compelled me earlier today to make a Jack Nicholson impersonation video of myself while playing around with this fabulous new toy called "Facetime" I discovered on my new iphone. I was not aware it was Jack's birthday today until AFTER I made this video, so I guess this short blog and even shorter video was indeed destined to be written and recorded in his honor today.

              My very favorite roles of Mr. Nicholson were Randle Patrick McMurphy in One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest and Jack Torrance in The Shining, so this 25 second video is kind of a hybrid between Jack Torrance and R.P. McMurphy. One of my other favorite movies that I thought he did one of the best acting jobs of his career, was his lesser known but brilliant performance in About Schmidt

              Whether you saw him light up the screen in other classics like Easy Rider, Chinatown, Terms of Endearment, Batman, A Few Good Men, or As Good As It Gets, his devious and mischievous grin, trademark eyebrows, impish laugh, smooth-as-velvet-baritone voice, or his volcanic volatile intensity, Jack Nicholson has been entertaining us all for over a half a century.  Happy Birthday Jack!!!!






3 comments:

  1. Ted, I agree with you on About Schmidt but was so unnerved by a nude Kathy Bates that I'd suppressed the whole thing from my memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely forgot about the hot tub scene Bruce!!!! Classic...I also loved his reanting letters to Indugu :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice video. What. Did. i. Just. Watch.

    ReplyDelete